Monday 8 November 2010

So sorry its been a while!

Since I last blogged properly, things seem to be getting more and more hectic and I am so looking forward to having some time off at Christmas!  Coming up tomorrow I have my first meeting at Wire, this is an organisation that supports Women In Rural Enterprise.  We are meeting at Bank Quay Gallery in Warrington and after the meeting there is a chance for those of us who sell handmade crafts to have a stall, so fingers crossed for a good meeting and some sales!

As part of the membership you have a space on the market place section of the site and I have already been contacted regarding supplying some bags wholesale for a new enterprise.  So I will be busy today sewing up the ideas I have had and hoping they like them!  Of course this gave me a good excuse to go shopping at my favourite online fabric store Gone To Earth and this is what I have bought, fabrics arrived so fast and are even cuter in real life!!





As mentioned last time my Liverpool Fashion Week didn't go too well and neither have subsequent fairs so I have made the decision to honour the ones I have already booked and paid for, then once things quiet down at Christmas time to decide where to concentrate my efforts next year.  As much as I enjoy doing the fairs they are costly to attend by the time you have calculated, fuel, time, organisation, packaging etc so I think that I may have to have a re-think.

Anyway hope you are all a lot more organised for Christmas than I am, trust me that won't be hard!

5 comments:

The Sewing Directory said...

I've come to the same conclusion as you about fairs/exhibitions. They are so costly I think the money would be better spent promoting the business online and getting people to your site/shop.

Good luck with deciding what to do next year. Your bags are stunning!

Marie said...

It seems to be a common story at the moment regarding fairs. Good luck with the new venture. Like the spotty fabric btw Marie x

Unknown said...

Glad to see you back. I totally agree with the 'fair' point it is very costly. I do not make enough items to do them on a regular basis but if I did I think I would seriously give them a miss. One thing I feel is a good outlet is 'Party Plan' now I know this went out of fashion but I think a revival is needed. Lots of mums at home with toddlers in need of a new bag what better way to spend a winters afternoon... and a few sales would be a plus...
Have a happy week.
Beverley x

A Time for Stitching said...

Not having experience of doing craft fairs, I'm sorry to hear that they are not very profitable in general. I thought it was more of a hit or miss thing. It would be a shame for them to die out. Party Plan sounds like a good idea though as well as Open House events. Good luck with WIRE - I've heard of them but wasn't quite sure what they did.
Teresa

martienn said...

jejjjj, i love ur blog !
is really interesting !
more more more more !!


follow me and write comment if you want ;**