Saturday 27 March 2010

'oh such a perfect day!'

Yesterday I had a much enjoyed day away from handbag headquarters.  After dropping the kids at school hubby and myself headed over to the Museum of Sciene & Industry in Manchester where we caught the Leonardo Da Vinci exhibition.  A few hours of geekery was much enjoyed especially as we were able to look around without constant requests to go to the gift shop, well he asked once and I told him we would go at the end!



If you get the chance you really should have a look at this exhibition.  It looks not only at his scientific creations but takes a deeper look at his artwork. A photographer was allowed to photograph the Mona Lisa unframed and digitally restored it to what it should look like must say I was never a great fan of this work but the restored version is amazing.

So in the evening after a lovely meal we made our way over to the comedy store where we were entertained by 4 comedians.  The atmosphere was really good and made better by some of the audience participation that went on, again highly recommended. 



I am now looking forward to spending a couple of weeks with my hubby and girls over Easter, there will still be creating going on and I look forward to showing you the results afterwards.  Hope everyone has a lovely chilling Easter and plenty of chocolate!

4 comments:

Marie said...

Sounds like a really lovely day!

Pink Milk said...

You obviously had a super time. However much you love what you do, it's always so good to have an 'away day' isn't it?

Have a great weekend.

Hx

Unknown said...

I am off to the MISI with my daughter over Easter, glad you enjoyed it and thank you for the heads up. A friend of my son sometimes appears at the comedy club in Manchester maybe he was on when you were there. He is very funny. Have a wonderful Holy Week.

Tracey said...

Glad you had a lovely day with hubby. Its good to share time like that.

Have a good Easter.
Tracey