Wednesday 6 January 2010

New Year New Ideas!

So we are all back to work, well in a fashion.  The snow has meant that I have had 1 child off school for the past 2 days and little one has had to go because hers is open (she was not a happy bunny!).  Hubby is a salesman so travels a lot this means I have had him working from home as well.  So back to business! 

Web design course is now over and I am waiting on the results.  To be honest I was not that impressed with the course and if I had the ability of hindsight I would have saved the money and bought myself a book!  So now time to put it all to the test with a new sparkly website which is currently being constructed.  Eldest daughter had new, do everything camera for Christmas and will be taking me some decent photographs of my handbags and accessories for the new site, no more shaking or blurry!  I have also been asked to create a website for gentleman next door who has driving instructor business, my first commission!


Over the holidays I went shopping for fabric and yesterday dusted off my sewing machine, gosh I have missed her!  This is the front piece of a bag I am making with the new material.  The picture doesn't do it justice but the silky green fabric is an amazing colour and the buckle is from my local charity shop, I love mooching about in there. 

I have also been looking for inspiration to kickstart my new year and stumbled across this lady, Hopscotch Corner, on UK Handmade.  Her work is amazing and made me immediately want to get my machine out and start embroidering!  Have a look at her work on Flickr. 

Apologies for this being a bit of a whistle stop post but I am suffering from too much to do and not enough hours in the day and now hubby is asking for another brew and biscuits...mmm!

No comments: