Wednesday 20 January 2010

Day 12 Bag & Brooch - Finished

Ok I am a tad more organised today but not much!  I have finished the bag, however, I abandoned the union jack as it all went awry, so in it's place is one of the brooches I began making yesterday.  The bag turned out quite well as it is my 2nd attempt at a zip and this one went a lot better than the previous attempt, far less swearing and cursing!  Anyhoo let me know what you think..........














Also, I have had my folksy shop for well over a week now and have had no interest whatsoever!  Is this normal and I am just being really impatient?  Yes.... ok  However, I was expecting a little feedback, I have mooched around a few shops and made them my favourites in the hope that there would be a little reciprocation and there has been none.  I am a little disheartened, however, I do realise that I need to give it a little longer it's just that I need it to happen now, lol.

5 comments:

christinedown28 said...

Yes that's normal. It takes a while for people to find you and then to actually buy something. I think i was about 2 months before I sold my first bag on Etsy. I've sold quite a few now though. Are you only on Etsy? If so you might consider other selling points like Folksy and Artfire. Also, although I have my own website I sell very little through that. I'm much more successful with craft sites like Etsy. I guess if someone is just looking they can see loads of stuff instead of just one supplier.

Elissa - said...

ooh thank you Christine that has made me feel a little better. I am only with folksy at the moment the pricing being in $s put me off Etsy but I have heard good things so I may give it a shot.

Marie said...

The dollar thing is a bit of a pain, but i've put a link to an easy exchange rate site on my shop intro, and if you're willing to post abroad I don't think you should be put off. I have had some feedback as you know, but not sold anything yet!! I still remain optimistic though x

Marie said...

ooh, forgot to say the bag is cute, shame the union jack didn't work out - i think that would've stepped it up a bit.perti

Almost Precious said...

Take heart, any enterprise takes time...even a brick and mortar shop takes months to acquire a following. The hardest part is getting people to know that you're there and I think that is where it's helpful to have a presence in other places such as etsy...etsy also has a "forum" and that's where I found I got a lot of sales.
Good luck, you do make lovely things. Oh and don't give up on the Union Jack idea, it sounds like it would be wonderful, bright, bold, colorful...a true statement. :)