Friday 4 September 2009

Those handbags are not going to sell themselves!

This week has been hectic! Getting the kids back to school after the long holidays is always an effort with new uniforms, shoes and books they always look really neat and tidy well for one day at least! I don't really feel as though I have accomplished much this week just little bits of things. I am still trying to get my head around this blog and still cannot understand why despite my best efforts I still cannot find any sort of link on Google Blog Search!! I figure if I cannot find it how is anyone else supposed to, ho hum! Also, I have made some labels to go in my handbags and quite chuffed with them even if I do say so myself.

Why buy them when you can print them yourself using transfer sheets, an iron and some material. For anyone that is interested,

1) you insert a table into word and decide on your wording. When printing make sure you tick the mirror option, when you print on the transfer sheet it will reverse the wording.

2) Now for the tricky bit, make sure your iron is really hot and place sheet facing down. You need to iron for at least 4-5 minutes any less and when you pull off the sheet bits will be missing.

3) Once cooled cut out your labels and sew!

Simples!


Today I have been creating brooches to go on my bags there is bits of felt and beads everywhere! However, I really like the effect and feel that they finish the bags off nice also, they can be removed and added to something else. Have a look and tell me what you think...






I think I am going to have to stop sewing long enough to get my site up and running. I am gathering quite a collection now and need to start selling some.

No comments: