Tuesday 8 September 2009

“Take time to deliberate; but when the time for action arrives, stop thinking and go in.”

Quoting Napoleon Bonaparte



I am beginning to lose my oomph a little now and need a bit of a boost, well a rocket maybe more appropriate! After a hectic weekend where I was so proud of my baby, she entered her first high jump competition and was sooo nervous. She has only been training properly for about 3 months now and really enjoys it. She is very slim, tall and athletic so it is good that she is putting those very long legs to good use. The category she was in was the ladies as they didn't have an under 15's category so she had to pretend to be a little older. Anyhoo to cut a long story a little shorter she did really well, it took a lot of courage to put herself out there like that and made me realise that if she can do that at the tender age of 13 then what was I waiting for!



I have been desperately trying to get my head around building my site, well a basic one to get me started and have found an excellent book called Build Your Own Website (Haynes Manual like the car ones). It is really good especially for people like myself who are not quite technophobes but on the spectrum! I like the layout as it has lots of pictures of what your screen is supposed to look like and takes it in baby steps well done Kyle! So hopefully my little basic site will be up and running by the end of the week ready for me to tweek when I start my night school web designing course.



Of course having decided on an imminent time scale for my site, this has brought up the issue of, have I now got enough handbags to sell? I am extremely fussy about my work and have spent the last couple of months working on designs that I actually like. It turns out that in my chosen style I have only got about 3 that I am actually happy with. So looks like I am going to have to spend less time on here and Facebook and more time actually sewing eeek!



This week I have been working on creating surface designs for this style of bag. I like it as it is a cross between a shoulder bag and a tote. I love this design it was an image transferred and then machine embroidered over to give it lots of texture.


Anyway less procrastination and more sewing, to the machine!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Keep on keepin' on! Your hand bags are lovely! Thanks so much for visiting my blog and my online store - I'm so happy to have found your blog and flickr. You might want to try Etsy.com.