Wednesday 11 November 2009

Sew sew close!

The fair is getting closer and my to do list is getting longer! I am so, so tired now and will be a little relieved when it is over as I can then get my beloved sewing machine back out instead of sitting for hours on this darned computer!!! (phew and breath lol) Anyhoo like I said preparations are underway, leaflets are being printed, business cards are not because my printer has decided that it is doing far too much work and business cards are just too much. I have just had a practice set up working on the dimensions given to me by the nice people organising the fair and have realised that I have got lots of stuff, bearing in mind I am doing it with my partner in crime who also has lots of stuff to sell. These on the right are what I spend my nights doing in front of the tv they are fabric brooches which I attach to handbags, I have so many now I think I may have a bit of a problem....
I have also been doing a lot of social networking via forums and facebook and am pleased to see a few of you here! It is so much more fun blogging when you don't feel as though you are talking to yourself! lol. One thing that I have found annoying and if I have done this to anyone reading please feel free to shout at me (but not loudly because I am a bit delicate at the moment!) is when you take the time to comment on somone's blog and they don't even acknowledge it, ooh. I know that some may be in the fortunate position of having lots of followers and well I don't, I like to think quality over quantity ;-) but if you don't have the time to acknowledge then don't blog! ok rant over, wish me luck. Ooh for those that asked by the way fair is at Mid Cheshire College in Hartford, Cheshire and is in aid of charity ASAP (African school that the college sponsors). Toodles x

3 comments:

Tracey said...

Hi Elissa, hang on in there - I'm sure all will be worth while when the show is over and you've sold lots and lots of things.

now your rant ..(I'm saying this very quietly btw) .... did you know your comments come through (to me at least) as a noreply-comment on email? So its difficult to reply directly and immediately. I have to go and look your blog up ... and post a reply acknowledgement comment on your blog ...but then its out of context with the comment you left on mine .. if your with me...

I dont get many comments at all on my blog either (and have very few followers - so thank you for that too btw ) but I have noticed some have a reply email but most are no-reply ... so your not alone.

I'm not sure how you change it I'm afraid - unless its linked in the SETTINGS to the section that asks if you want comments for your own blog emailed to you?

Elissa - said...

Thank you as a famous party once said things can only get better! lol. The rant, I was having a bad day yesterday so apologies if it came out wrong and it most definitely was not aimed at yourself, more so at the more 'popular' blogs I follow. I don't understand about the comment&reply, mind you I haven't had second cup of coffee yet and still cannot fathom out how to make my pictures go where I want them on the blog so ho hum! Hope you having good day x

Tracey said...

I think its great to have a rant ... I love them .. ask my husband and kids! I dont think it came out wrong either. I know how you feel .. and its a good reminder to all of us to be polite .. so thank you!

Just having my first cup of coffee now and doing my usual perusal of the 'tin-ter-net' and avoiding what I should really be doing - got lots of sewing to do today too!